BB, CC or DD?
Doesn’t it get confusing to decide on the right cream for you, especially with the countless number of creams available in the market today? Of late BB, CC and DD creams have been trending a lot with many companies labeling them as the next big thing in the beauty industry, but are they really different from each other? Are they effective and if yes, which one is best suited for your needs? Let’s find out.
BB: Beauty Balm/ Beauty Benefit
- Texture: Creamy and Heavy
- Benefit: These work as a light foundation and moisturizer, with SPF in it. Despite if having SPF and anti-aging supplements in them they cannot be used in place of anti-aging serums or sunscreen as generally only a pea-sized drop is applied on face. It’s best to use BB creams as a light cover base. The texture is very creamy and moisturizing, hence it may not suite oily or acne prone skin.
- Perfect for: People who want to go light with make-up and just add a touch of glow to their everyday make-up
- Popular BB creams: Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick, Garnier All in One Perfector BB Cream, MAC Prep + Prime BB, Colorbar Perfect Match Beauty Balm
CC: Color Correcting / Color Control
- Texture: Light and absorbent
- Benefit: CC creams are similar to BB cream in the sense that they provide similar SPF and skincare benefits, but are lighter than them in moisturizing capability. These are best used to cover redness, uneven skin tone and sallow skin. It evens the complexion and is basically a brightening primer and foundation. The texture of this is very light and fast absorbing. CC creams are not advisable for dry skin as it has no moisturizing effect and are better suited for acne prone and oily skin. It is perfect for people with pigmentation, scarring or discoloration.
- Perfect for: People with skin issues like acne, pigmentation etc
- Popular CC creams: Olay CC cream Total effects, Sephora Collection Skin Perfection CC Cream, Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream
DD: Daily Defense / Dynamic Do-all
- Texture: Mid-heavy, moisturizing
- Benefit: DD creams are primarily a mix of BB and CC creams. It has a moisturizing effect and also acts as a color corrector. In texture, these are similar to the heavy texture of BB creams, but slightly lesser. DD creams were originally created for dry areas like feet, knees, elbows. It is usually high in SPF content and anti-aging ingredients. DD creams are mainly used for mature skin to protect from dryness of skin and dinimis fine lines
- Perfect for: People with dry and mature skin
- Popular DD creams: Currently not available in India but brands which offer this cream are Julep and Ofra.