A lot inspired from Europe
We met with Chatenya Mittal who is a passionate designer and thrives on creating innovative designs by blending classic English cuts with new trends. His label offers distinctive occasional and casual wear clothing majorly for Men. Having participated in many fashion weeks, Chatenya highlights his show from London Fashion Week A/W 2012 which also got him published in a magazine at London.
Q. What was your inspiration that got you to enter the fashion world?
– Chatenya studied fashion at Birmingham City University and at London College of Fashion after which he also stayed in London to work. He has been deeply inspired by the lifestyle & art of European folk and their culture. He feels blessed to have got his foundation from the place from where the fashion & style originated. With his mother being a textile designer herself and a source of stimulation, Chatenya also adds that he admires Alexander McQueen the legendary Fashion Designer.
Q. What is it that you admire in European designs and do you feel that India is missing on any particular sense of style?
– Chatenya’s admiration for European fashion lies in the exquisite detailing and classic custom tailoring. He strongly feels that India needs this kind of taste for classics, custom fits and an experimental sense for fashion, which he added by saying is now picking up with new generation.
Q. Do you also create designs for women?
– Chatenya creates a limited collection for women every season ranging from classic fit leather jackets, cocktails dresses and even trendy singles like this elegantly embellished shirt dress. We will be adding looks created with his designs to our blog soon.
Q. What would be your top five tips or advice for men out there:
- Add more colours beside the regular black, blue and grey.
- Must have at-least one custom fit suit in your wardrobe
- Must have basics – a linen suit, dark denim, and simple summer kurta.
- Play around with accessories, as they can add instant charm and can make outfit look different every time you wear it. A simple accessory like a tie-pin or cuffing in distinctive designs can add interest.
- Be experimental with fashion – just try simple trends like embroidered collar, contrast lining, or complimentary colour patchwork and see the day change its turn
Chatenya was the first designer to have collaborated with us and he had faith while we were just starting out in 2014. He helped us custom design outfits for our first styling project – Denim Therapy for Mad Men (on how denim can be worn with denim, a raging trend last season). We thank him.
You can check his collection and follow him on his Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/chatenyamittal/ or visit his store in Delhi to see “SARTORIAL PUNCH”, his latest collection and try the looks for yourself.